What is NASCOBAL®?
NASCOBAL® (Cyanocobalamin, USP) Nasal Spray is a prescription medicine used as a supplement to treat vitamin B12 deficiency. People who have had weight loss (bariatric) surgery may not absorb enough vitamin B12 from food, and are at increased risk of developing vitamin B12 deficiency.
Why NASCOBAL® is a good option:
- Only FDA-approved vitamin B12 nasal spray
- Simple, once-weekly dosing*
- Fewer visits to the doctor’s office for vitamin B12 dose
- Not a painful injection
- Tasteless and odorless fine mist
- Increased and maintained vitamin B12 levels in clinical trials
- Absorbed directly into the bloodstream—designed to bypass the stomach and digestive tract
Follow the steps below to see how simple it is to use NASCOBAL®
- The unit contains only 1 spray:
DO NOT prime before use
- Blow nose gently to clear both nostrils
- Hold the unit with your thumb, supporting it at the bottom, and your index and middle fingers on either side of the nozzle
- Gently close 1 nostril with your other index finger. Insert the nozzle into open nostril approximately ½ inch, or as far as feels comfortable, and tilt your head slightly forward. Do not press the plunger yet
- Breathe in gently through your nose, close your mouth, and at the same time, press the plunger firmly with your thumb
- Remove the nozzle from your nostril. At the same time, keep your head level for 10 to 20 seconds while gently breathing in through your nose and breathing out through your mouth
*Dose adjustments may be required.